White Oak Technology Park is situated in the Mid-Atlantic region of the East Coast at the intersection I-64 and I-295. Its central location in Henrico County, Virginia, allows for overnight access to 55% of the U.S. population and major international ports. The park is only minutes from downtown Richmond and Richmond International Airport, pairing international connectivity with a talented local workforce.
But it’s not all business here in Henrico. Surrounding Virginia’s capital city of Richmond on the west, north, and east, the county offers a low cost of living and exceptional quality of life. The County's vibrancy reflects its diverse citizenry, varied lifestyles, and many businesses.
Intermodal transportation options at White Oak Technology Park include:
- Richmond International Airport
- Direct 4-lane access to I-64 and I-295
- Major Interstates I-95 and I-85 within 30 minutes
- Richmond Marine Terminal and Port of Virginia
- CSX rail possible on certain sites
“Our U.S. expansion project is an exciting opportunity for future growth. We explored U.S. locations and selected Virginia and Henrico County among several that were considered. Not only is this location in close proximity to most of our U.S. customers – it provides us with a foundation for future strategic growth and expansion.”
– Lionel Genix, General Manager, Air Liquide Medical Systems
Polykon Manufacturing is a joint venture between two subsidiaries of Air Liquide – SEPPIC Inc. and Shülke Inc.
- AAA Bond rating from all three major credit rating agencies (S&P, Moody's, and Fitch)
- Home to four Fortune 1000 company headquarters
- Competitive taxes, including $0.40 per $100 of assessed value for data centers and $0.30 per $100 on machinery and tools – the lowest effective rate of any urban locality in Central Virginia
- Nationally recognized school system and technical training programs
- 41% of adults have a bachelor's degree or higher
GREATER RICHMOND REGION
- State capital of Virginia
- 30 colleges and universities, more than 14,000 degrees conferred annually, and nearly 90,000 yearly graduates within two hours
- 2nd-fastest-growing millennial population in the U.S.
- Top Mid-Sized U.S. City for Foreign Direct Investment (2017/18)
- One of the "Best Places to Live in the U.S.," according to Business Insider and U.S. News
- Right-to-work state with moderate wages
- Low levels of unionization and low workers’ compensation costs
- Stable, business-friendly environment, with a favorable tax structure and a balanced budget
- Highest concentration of tech workers in the U.S.
- #1 for the Atlantic Region in Site Selection's 2018 Regional Workforce Rankings
SPOTLIGHT: THE PORT OF VIRGINIA AND RICHMOND MARINE TERMINAL
White Oak Technology Park provides strategic access to global markets via the Port of Virginia – the fifth-largest port in North America. Located only 60 miles from White Oak, the Port of Virginia is one of the fastest-growing international gateways to the U.S.
The Port, which handled 2.8 million TEUs in 2017, offers multiple Class-I rail connections and interstate connections to the East Coast from all of its four major terminals. Its 50-foot channels, zero air-draft restrictions, and double-stack capabilities allow the world’s largest freight vessels, including Neopanamax-sized ships, to call on the Port.
The Port of Virginia is in the midst of $670 million capital investment plan to expand its train, barge, and truck capabilities for years to come. This investment includes new cranes and container handling capacity at the Richmond Marine Terminal, located only 16 miles from White Oak Technology Park.
The Richmond Marine Terminal provides tri-weekly barge service along the James River to the Port of Virginia. Lumber Liquidators, which operates a million-square-foot facility in White Oak Technology Park, is one of Richmond Marine Terminal's largest users.